Senior Business Advisor, hotel investments
We’re looking for a sales-oriented person who can both plan and put those plans into action to join our team as a Senior Business Advisor focusing on hotel investments. The position is full time, fixed term until the end of 2019. Preferred starting time is as soon as possible.
This is a new position and a new industry focus at Helsinki Business Hub, so you will have the possibility to create a fresh approach to attracting hotel investments yet building on the years of knowledge our team has gained from investment promotion.
You will be a part of our Invest In team that helps foreign companies set-up operations and grow in Greater Helsinki, the capital region of Finland. We do this by building relationships with decision-makers within selected foreign companies and connecting them to key people within the Finnish business ecosystem. Ultimately, we are measured on the number of jobs directly created through our efforts.
You will be participating in both Business Platform Development and Invest in activities and programs including their continuous development in the high-technology areas within Greater Helsinki. Your particular focus is on hotel investment activities. These activities include:
- Developing a compelling story for Greater Helsinki as a destination for hotel investments for international companies
- Developing a portfolio of hotel opportunities and marketing them in co-operation with relevant stakeholders
- Client segmentation and lead generation activities in line with the strengths and gaps of Greater Helsinki hotel ecosystem and HBH strategy
- Planning, applying for financing, execution, and follow-up of sales activities following annually set targets
- Proactively creating and maintaining relationships with foreign companies within the hotel focus area
- Hosting visits and delegations to the Helsinki region by foreign companies exploring business opportunities on offer in Finland
- Providing and facilitating soft landing services for foreign companies setting-up or expanding operations in the region
- Managing the activities around your focus area of hotel investments
- Team work in close cooperation with other business advisors, marketing and business intelligence
- Participation in other sales and project work in enhancing company’s growth, attracting foreign investments and business intelligence and company activities
The role is best suitable for a person who is result-oriented, creative and critical, happy to work in both team and independently, passionate about learning and developing and able to identify opportunities.
The ideal candidate would have the following background and knowledge:
- A solid understanding of the hotel industry in Finland and internationally
- An active network of connections to key players within the hotel business ecosystem in the Helsinki region
- Excellent sales, communications and networking skills in English. Finnish and other languages are considered a plus.
- Previous working experience from consulting, sales, marketing or international expansion
- Strong project management skills
- A relevant higher education degree, preferably business or hospitality degree
- Willingness to travel abroad
What do we have to offer
Helsinki Business Hub offers you an opportunity to work with highly skilled people from different nationalities, and a chance to expand your business networks globally. We are working in constantly changing the environment so this position gives great opportunities to develop and test new approaches to attracting investments. Our people also value the fact that our work has a noble meaning: together we make Helsinki a dynamic world-class center for business and innovation.