1. The data controller
Helsinki Business Hub Ltd (business ID 2033887-7)
00180 Helsinki, Finland
2. Whom can I contact?
If you have any questions related to the personal data processing or you want to exercise your rights, please contact HBH at email@example.com or Helsinki Business Hub Ltd Oy Mechelininkatu 1a
00180 Helsinki, Finland
3. What type of information is collected about me and for what purpose?
Helsinki Business Hub Ltd (HBH) collects personal information from you with your consent in its talent attraction activities in the following ways:
- For events organized by HBH, HBH collects personal information in order to connect participants to companies with the purpose of recruiting new talent. Collected information includes: name, email, phone number, work interests, work experience and CV. Information is collected from individuals who register for the event and is disclosed to the companies participating in the event.
- For events organized by HBH, HBH collects personal information in order to provide the needed data to 3rd parties in order to arrange the events (e.g. to get access to venues). HBH discloses the data to a 3rd party in order to participants to access the venue. Collected information (registration data) includes: name. Information is collected from individuals who register for the event.
- For events organized by HBH, HBH collects personal information for administrative and event management purposes. Collected information includes name, email and possible organization. Information is collected from individuals who register for the event.
- In other events where HBH is present with the focus on talent attraction, HBH collects personal information in order to connect participants to companies with the purpose of recruiting new talent and inform them about job possibilities in Greater Helsinki. Collected information includes: name, email, phone number, and work interests. Information is collected from individuals who subscribe for the mailing list at the event.
For email marketing, HBH collects personal information in order to communicate about job possibilities in Greater Helsinki and other work-related information about Greater Helsinki. Collected information includes: name, email and work interests. Information is collected from individuals who subscribe for HBH email marketing letter.
4. To whom may my personal information be disclosed and may the information be transferred outside the EU or EEA?
In case you have registered for our recruitment events, your information is disclosed to those companies which participate in the event with the purpose of recruiting new talent.
In case you have registered and attended our recruitment events, your information is disclosed to Finnish funding authorities.
Your information may also be disclosed to 3rd parties in order to organize the events (e.g. to get access to venues and for security reasons). In some of these occasions when the venue is placed outside the EU or European Economic Area (“EEA”), personal data is transferred outside the EU and EEA. If personal data is transferred outside the EU or EEA, we ensure an adequate level of security by transferring to countries approved by the European Commission as having an adequate level of protection or by entering into contracts using Commission approved standard contractual clauses between HBH and the non-EU/EEA entity receiving personal data.
Personal data is transferred to the United States when using the maintaining service of sending email lists (MailChimp). The appropriate level of data protection of personal data is ensured in the transfer using the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield system which the service provider has joined. For further information regarding the Privacy Shield framework you can find: https://www.privacyshield.gov.
5. How my personal information is protected and how long we process the information
Only the employees who have the right to process personal data for their work performance are authorized to use the systems containing personal data. All users have personal login credentials for the used systems containing personal data. The data is collected into databases that are protected using firewalls, passwords and other technological measures. Databases and their back-up copies are located on locked premises, and the data can only be accessed by certain pre-appointed persons.
The personal data is retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose of use of the personal data. Your event registration data is retained as long as is necessary after the event. Your contact details regarding direct marketing are retained until you unsubscribe. However, HBH assess the necessity of retaining the data regularly, in addition to which HBH takes care of all reasonable measured used to ensure that the data file contains no incompatible, unnecessary, outdated or erroneous personal data of the data subject regarding the purpose of use of the data file.
6. Your rights as a data subject
Right of access, rectification and erasure
As a data subject you have a right to inspect the personal data concerning yourself, which is stored in the register, and a right to require rectification or erasure of your data.
Withdrawal of a consent
When the processing of information is subject to your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Withdrawals can be made by requesting withdrawal from HBH at firstname.lastname@example.org If you wish to unsubscribe HBH mailing list, you can also use the unsubscribe link in each message.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the data protection regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You may lodge your complaint in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
You have also right to object processing (e.g. direct marketing purposes) or request restricting processing.