Helsinki Business Hub offers a unique position for a university student to learn about the growth company and international venture capital industry. In this role you would be involved with Finnish startups and the ecosystem around it. The position is paid, 20 hours a week and fixed term for 6 months. Preferred starting time would be early June.
The Venture Analyst Trainee will be part of the company’s Investor Services team. The HBH Investor Services offer deal flow to international investors according to their investment preferences. See also the Investor Services webpage for more info.
The trainee’s tasks include:
- Scouting new startup companies from different sources and databases
- contacting Finnish startups and acquiring further information on their business and financing status and needs
- updating the startup profiles on the Deal Flow database
- analyzing and preparing the deal flow according to investors’ needs
- other internal & external customer service tasks
We hope that you…
- have a strong interest in and basic knowledge of startup and venture investment fields
- are curious, proactive and analytical
- are willing to learn about new scale-ups and growth companies
- are a team player ready to support your team mates
- are able to prioritize tasks
- are willing to network with the startup ecosystem
- are fluent in English, fluency in Finnish is an advantage
- have finished your bachelor’s degree.
After six months you will have…
- an improved knowledge and contacts with the startup and venture capital ecosystem
- worked alongside a supportive team in an inspiring, multicultural work environment
- worked with databases and improved your data analytics skills
- participated in startup events.
Helsinki Business Hub offers you an exciting job in an innovative and international business environment. This is an opportunity to work with a multicultural team consisting of highly skilled people, and a chance to expand your business networks globally. Our people also value the fact that our work has a noble meaning: together we make Helsinki the best place to accelerate and grow your business and a home of innovation.